Hospital-based Group Education Program
The Centre has designed a group education program to be run in an in-patient setting to prepare family caregivers for the role of supporting a relative who is receiving palliative care.
Click here for detailed instructions and information on how to run the program.
Palliative Care Journals
- Acta Oncologica - a journal for clinical oncologists on all fields of clinical cancer research.
- American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine - a peer-reviewed journal with articles in the related fields of hospice and palliative medicine.
- AIDS Care - research, reviews and reports from the many complementary disciplines involved in the AIDS and HIV field.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Other Motor Neuron Disorders - information on developments in the management of motor neuron disease.
- Annals of Oncology - peer-review publication on innovative cancer treatments or translational work related to oncology and precision medicine.
- BMC Cancer - peer-reviewed journal on all aspects of cancer research, including the pathophysiology, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancers.
- BMC Palliative Care - peer-reviewed journal on the clinical, scientific, ethical and policy issues, local and international, of hospice and palliative care for the dying and for those with profound suffering related to chronic illness.
- BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care - peer reviewed journal for clinicians, researchers and other healthcare workers in all clinical services where supportive and palliative care is practiced.
- British Journal of Cancer - publishes original papers and reviews on the cause, detection and treatment of cancer.
- Cancer - concerned with the etiology, course, and treatment of human cancers.
- CA - Cancer Journal for Clinicians - provides cancer care professionals with up-to-date information on all aspects of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing - practical information for oncology nurses who care for patients and their families across the cancer continuum.
- Cancer Nursing - addresses the whole spectrum of problems arising in the care and support of cancer patients.
- Clinical Oncology - covers all aspects of the clinical management of cancer patients.
- Current Opinion in Supportive and Palliative Care - covers advances in the field of supportive and palliative care.
- Death Studies - refereed papers on bereavement and loss, grief therapy, death attitudes, suicide, and death education.
- European Journal of Cancer - international multidisciplinary oncology journal on cancer research, translational oncology and clinical oncology.
- European Journal of Cancer Care - covers current issues affecting the care of cancer patients.
- European Journal of Pain - multidisciplinary journal on all aspects of pain research and pain management.
- European Journal of Palliative Care - official journal of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC).
- Grief Matters: Australian Journal of Grief and Bereavement - focuses on aspects of grief and bereavement.
- Health Policy - explores and discusses health policy and health system issues.
- Home Health Care Services Quarterly - peer-reviewed quarterly journal dedicated to the advancement of research, practice, and policy in health care.
- Indian Journal of Palliative Care - presents guidelines and systematic reviews in palliative care and oncology.
- International Journal of Cancer - covers experimental and clinical cancer research.
- International Journal of Palliative Nursing - covers all aspects of palliative care nursing.
- Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology - publishes articles within the fields of experimental and clinical oncology.
- Journal of Clinical Oncology - disseminates significant clinical oncology research.
- Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services - reports on research and techniques to provide effective social, educational, and clinical services to individuals affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing - peer-reviewed journal for nurses in hospice and palliative care settings.
- Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy - peer-reviewed, quarterly publication that addresses advances in acute, chronic, and end-of-life symptom management.
- Journal of Palliative and Supportive Care (US) - focuses on the psychiatric, psychosocial, spiritual, existential, ethical, and philosophical aspects of palliative care.
- Journal of Pain and Symptom Management - features clinical research and best practices related to the relief of illness burden among patients afflicted with serious or life-threatening illness.
- Journal of Palliative Medicine - covers medical, psychosocial, policy, and legal issues in end-of-life care and relief of suffering for patients with intractable pain.
- Journal of Psychosocial Oncology - features clinical and research material geared toward health professionals who provide psychosocial services to cancer patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- Journal of Social Work in End of Life and Palliative Care - explores issues crucial to individuals with serious, life-threatening, and life-limiting illness and their families across the lifespan.
- Journal of the International AIDS Society - covers HIV-related topics from across all scientific disciplines.
Lancet Oncology - clinical research journal in oncology.
- Oncology Nursing Forum - reports on oncology nursing research and evidence-based findings that affect quality cancer care, technology, education, and leadership.
- Palliative Medicine - peer reviewed journal dedicated to improving knowledge and clinical practice in the palliative care of patients with advanced disease.
- Palliative and Supportive Care - focuses on the psychiatric, psychosocial, spiritual, existential, ethical, and philosophical aspects of palliative care.
- Palliative Care: Research and Treatment - focuses on clinical, scientific, and policy issues surrounding palliative care.
- Paediatric Haematology and Oncology - reports on major advances in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and blood diseases in children.
- Progress in Palliative Care - original research and review papers on a broad range of topics related to end of life care
- Psycho-oncology - concerned with the psychological, social, behavioral, and ethical aspects of cancer.
- Seminars in oncology Nursing - quarterly journal for the dissemination of knowledge in the field of cancer nursing
- Supportive Care in Cancer - research and reviews pertaining to all aspects of supportive care for people with cancer, their caregivers, and families.