The Centre offers a range of multi-disciplinary short courses covering a range of topics, such as: pain and symptom management, therapeutic communication, bereavement support and psychosocial care.
Enrolling in short courses can be particularly attractive for health professionals who want to update their palliative care knowledge without necessarily completing an entire award course. Options include:
- Palliative Care: the Essentials
- Pain Assessment and Management in Palliative Care
- Symptom Management in Adult Palliative Care
- Palliative Care in Non-cancer Contexts
- Family Centred Palliative Care and Cultural Issues
- Illnesses Encountered in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Symptom Management in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Psychosocial and Spiritual Aspects in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Ethics in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Historical, Theoretical and Developmental Perspectives on Bereavement
- Identification and Assessment of Psychological and Psychiatric Disorders
- Special Needs and High-Risk Populations
- Supporting health care professionals caring for palliative care patients and families experiencing psychosocial distress.