The Centre provides a range of professional development opportunities to health care services that cater to patients and families facing life-limiting illness, and individual health care practitioners who wish to increase their knowledge and expertise in palliative care.
Our Customised Training Programs for health care services are tailored to meet the needs of each service provider, with our specialist clinicians able to provide multi-disciplinary on-site training.
For health care professionals, we offer courses that suit every level of expertise:
- For those with limited exposure to this area, our free, Online Course provides a general introduction to palliative care.
- There are a number of Short Courses for health professionals (including enrolled nurses) who want to increase their palliative care knowledge without completing an entire award course.
- The Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care gives a comprehensive grounding in the area for health professionals.
- The Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care is an extension of the specialist certificate, for those wishing to develop a more in-depth knowledge.
- We also offer health care Sector-specific Support and training and welcome enquiries regarding Masters, MD and PhD opportunities.
Education Coordinator, Centre for Palliative Care
p: 03 9231 5665